Top 5 Retails Sign Trends in 2023
Like any industry, signage has trends that come and go. If you look at what was considered popular signage across the ages, you’ll see that retail sign trends are influenced by global events, current technology, and design aesthetics that all change over time.
And signage has changed A LOT over the years – from painstaking hand painted signs to cleverly coded digital art. Some trends have a lot of staying power and some quickly come and go. The top 5 retail sign trends are no different in 2023!
Custom Wallpaper, Wall Graphics & Wall Murals
With people out and about again, it’s important to go big and bold. That’s why businesses and retail stores are all in on graphic wall art and murals. Custom wallpaper is a hugely popular choice for a number of reasons:
- it’s completely customizable, so that whatever your marketing story and graphics are can be scaled up and incorporated into a full wall piece
- it comes with professional installation so that is applied with no wrinkles or out of place seams
- it is fade-resistant, super vibrant, and high quality, durable vinyl material so that it makes the investment worth it
- there are tons of different finishes and options – the perfect choice is waiting for you, depending on your specific needs
- it is easy to switch it up if and when your marketing needs change
Floor graphics have been around for a while, but a couple of years ago there was a huge explosion when retail stores suddenly needed to have vinyl floor signage that directed people to stay six feet away from each other and only walk in one direction down store aisles. Today, floor graphics have evolved into some pretty clever and eye-catching designs that are a great way to capture customers’ attention.
Floor graphics are a great way to go because they are:
- very durable and designed to last even the soggiest Vancouver foot traffic
- totally customizable with bright and vibrant visuals
- temporary or permanent, and easy to switch out
- super easy to install and remove
SEG Fabric Lightbox Displays
For those who don’t speak signage, SEG stands for Silicone Edge Graphics, aka. Fabric Lightbox Displays. These stunning, showstopping displays are the new retail experience standard. For bricks and mortar stores, lightbox displays can take marketing to a whole new level. That’s because:
- the photo quality imagery will stop people in their tracks
- they are great for retail stores that have a variety of lighting in different areas – they will stand out no matter what
- the fabric is easy to install and to switch out
- they are sleek, chic, and very modern and expensive looking at a cost-effective rate
Backlit film light boxes
Similar to the same vibe above, backlit film boxes are a very popular marketing option in today’s world. If you run a retail store and are looking to increase visibility and to stand out from the competition, backlit film light boxes are the best way to have your message seen night or day. Other benefits of this marketing tactic include:
- a choice between matte or glossy backlit film, with highly translucent, ultra vibrant colors
- high res printing that perfectly captures and displays the marketing material
- a stand out option for high traffic, fast-paced environments like airports, movie theaters, mall corridors, and transit hubs
- versatile option for window displays and exhibitions, too!
Custom vinyl stickers
Some trends are here to last, and last but not least we have to mention the classic and ever popular option of custom vinyl stickers. Seriously, stickers are here to stay. There are so many reasons that vinyl stickers have been popular for years and years, often because you can get so much mileage on your marketing just by handing these out and letting people slap them on their cars, computers and water bottles. Stickers are great because:
- they are cheap and get even cheaper with bulk orders
- 100% customizable
- convenient to carry around with you and hand out
- great to add as a gift to purchases – it shows so much brand solidarity and loyalty to have your customers advertise on your behalf!
For any large format printing needs, or any retail marketing displays in Vancouver, Blast Media can tackle it all!